Preparing for Your Own Good Death and Life
This workshop series spans 1 year with 12 sessions (one per month)
For most of us, death will be years or decades away. With life though, we know that nothing is absolute, that nothing is permanent, and that the form that we call our body will eventually die. By contemplating our own dying and death, we lessen our fears and prepare ourselves for the transition that each of us will take.
The more we engage with death, the more comfortable we become with it. The more comfortable we become with death, the more we are liberated from our fears. And the more we are liberated from our fears, the more able we are to live a good life. This class is just as much about living a good life as it is preparing for a good death – as the two are intrinsically linked.
How will you carry out your last years, months, and days?
- Review of Advanced Care Directives
- Identifying Your Spiritual Beliefs
- What Do You Want to Accomplish Before You Die?
- Letting Go (fears, possessions, attachments, resentments, etc.)
- What You Want Your Loved Ones to Know?
- How Might You Be Supported Before Death and Beyond
- What Does a “Good Death” Mean to You?
- Planning Your Funeral
- Much, much more…
This is a year long workshop that meets once a month. Each class is 3 hours. By enrolling in this workshop, you are committing financially to 12 classes (only 2 classes can be missed).
2019 Course Dates & Times
None Scheduled at this time.
Location: 32 Mineral Dust Dr, Asheville, NC 28806
Classes are held on the 2nd Sunday of each month for 12 months
starting November 10, 2019 from 1:30 PM until 4:30 PM
* Payment of 2 classes is required to secure a spot in the workshop. Afterward, classes can be paid individually or in bulk. Participants are financially responsible for paying for all 12 classes (even the ones that are missed).