Home Funeral & Death Care Midwife Training
3-day workshop held Friday - Sunday
Home-based celebrations bring death out of the shadows and into the light of life. To care for our loved one, by lovingly tending them in their own home, is a gift and remains an option for those who want to honor this important life transition. This three-day workshop provides an intensive introduction to home funerals and death celebrations. You will learn the practical, legal, and spiritual necessities for accompanying your loved ones along the journey of dying.
During this workshop, you will be taught:
- How to assist in creating a community of intimacy and honor prior to and after death
- NC State Laws concerning the family’s rights after the death of a loved one
- Documents needed for after death care
- Green options for the body after death
- Practical matters of tending a body after death
- Supplies used during a home funeral
- Providing support before death and beyond
- Creating a nurturing environment around the death transition
- Death Celebrations
- Much, much more…
This class is designed to help you assist your personal loved ones; more training is necessary if you wish to offer home funeral guidance in a professional capacity.
Participants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to attend the Advanced Care and After Death Care Directives workshop before participating in this class.
32 Mineral Dust Drive, Asheville, NC 28806 (*unless noted otherwise)
2020 Course Dates & Times – One more opportunity this year
October 2020 – Three Day Workshop
Friday, October 16 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday, October 17 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday, October 18 | 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm