Home Funeral & Death Care Midwife Training
3-day workshop held Friday - Sunday
Home-based celebrations bring death out of the shadows and into the light of life. To care for our loved one, by lovingly tending them in their own home, is a gift and remains an option for those who want to honor this important life transition. This three-day workshop provides an intensive introduction to home funerals and death celebrations. You will learn the practical, legal, and spiritual necessities for accompanying your loved ones along the journey of dying.
During this workshop, you will be taught:
- How to assist in creating a community of intimacy and honor prior to and after death
- NC State Laws concerning the family’s rights after the death of a loved one
- Documents needed for after death care
- Green options for the body after death
- Practical matters of tending a body after death
- Supplies used during a home funeral
- Providing support before death and beyond
- Creating a nurturing environment around the death transition
- Death Celebrations
- Much, much more…
This class is designed to help you assist your personal loved ones; more training is necessary if you wish to offer home funeral guidance in a professional capacity.
Participants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to attend the Advanced Care and After Death Care Directives workshop before participating in this class.
32 Mineral Dust Drive, Asheville, NC 28806 (*unless noted otherwise)
2019 Course Dates & Times – Three Opportunities
MAY/JUNE 2019 – Three Day Workshop
Friday, May 31 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday, June 1 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday, June 2 | 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
*Note: This workshop will be taught by our CEOLT teachers. If you would like to attend this Workshop, please follow this link and register on SOIL’s website.
JULY 2019 – Three Day Workshop
Friday, July 19 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday, July 20 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday, July 21 | 1:30 – 5:30pm
SEPTEMBER 2019 – Three Day Workshop
Friday, September 20 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday, September 21 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday, September 22 | 1:30 – 5:30pm